Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Dispatches from a parallel universe

Six or seven years ago (or more) I signed up for PerfectMatch, then completely forgot about it, because I never received any matches, and then I started dating the guy I later married.

I forgot about it, that is, until today, when I received a notification that a guy named "Kurt" was my match. He's very much like my husband (into politics, gardening, and the outdoors; is relaxed and optimistic), so I notified Curtis that he had some competition:

Sally: Well, I have a type, I guess. Pretty funny.

Curtis: Aside from the Christian, country music and healthy food choice he's pretty close to me. I'm going to keep my eye on this Kurt fellow.

Sally:  Don't front. You know you were listening to Kenny Chesney and eating quinoa on our way to the snake-handling the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment