Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Conversations with Morons, Episode 1

We all have the ability to have a dumb conversation. We all say the wrong thing from time to time, we all misunderstand things.

Then there are people who seem purposefully obtuse.

Like a guy I used to know, whom I fortunately don't know anymore, and whom we'll call "BSJ" here. We had some doozy conversations, but this was my favorite:

Sally: I just applied for a job that requires you to speak a European language.

BSJ: You don't speak a European language.

Sally: Okay, we'll just ignore the fact that English is a European language for now, because I speak some Spanish as well.

BSJ: Spanish isn't a European language.

Sally: What?

BSJ: They don't speak Spanish in Europe.

Sally: What do they speak in Spain, then?

BSJ: . . . Well, where do they speak Mexican?

Sally: Mexican isn't a language.

No comments:

Post a Comment