Friday, November 4, 2011

Targeted Advertising

On the appropriateness of commercials, as I turn to ID to watch Deadly Women . . .


Curtis: That's so weird, that they show a commercial for Snuggle fabric softener during Deadly Women.

Sally: I think it makes perfect sense. I bet there are a lot of women out there who buy Snuggle who could really identify with this show.

Curtis: You're probably right.

Sally: I'm totally right. A woman's sitting there folding the 15th load of laundry while her husband's in his 15th hour of football, and on this 15th beer of the day, and she happens to catch 10 minutes of Deadly Women . . . 

Curtis: She thinks "I could totally see how she'd murder him."

Sally: Yup. Also "I need more Snuggle, to make sure my shirt is nice and soft after washing out all the blood."

No comments:

Post a Comment