Sunday, April 17, 2011

One day, I'll get that ice cream truck.

On the Ice Cream Truck that regularly visits our neighborhood:

[the Murphy's Oil Soap commercial music plays in the background]

Sally: ooh, ice cream.

Curtis: Are you going to get ice cream?

Sally: Will you go buy me an ice cream?

Curtis: No, the point is that you go run after the Ice Cream Truck.

[Sally gets up and goes to the door.]

Sally: The Ice Cream Truck is gone. One day I'm going to get that Ice Cream Truck.

Curtis: Why? What's the point? All of their ice cream sucks, anyway.

Sally: Like what? What sucks?

Curtis: Well, for one thing, Rocket Pops--

Sally: Rocket Pops? Rocket Pops are fucking awesome.

Curtis: Okay, I'm going to just stop right here.

Sally: I love Rocket Pops. They're the best.

Curtis: You don't know from good. I'll bet you like Mickey Mouse-shaped ice cream.

Sally: No, those taste like cold, wet cardboard.

Curtis: But you like Rocket Pops.

Sally: Don't compare Rocket Pops to Mickey Mouse ice cream. That's not the same. Rocket Pops are three distinct flavors, in brilliant colors. Icky Mouse is not good. Icky Mouse tastes like a lot of nothing.

Curtis: I still wouldn't go buy Rocket Pops.

Sally: Okay, fine. What kind of ice cream would YOU run after?

Curtis: A big bucket of chocolate ice cream. That's it. That's the only ice cream that would inspire me to run down the street after a truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment