Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Who ARE you?

Before I relate these two conversations, some necessary background:

First: I was named after my two grandmothers. Sally and Roxanne. Almost everyone who knows me well knows this. One of those grandmothers was an amazing gardener; she had the most beautiful yard, full of flowers.

Second: Curtis loves sugar. He regularly gets into fights over it with our friend Tracy. I have a major sweet tooth, but I put sugar in and on very few things. I'm all about pastries, confections, etc.

So, with that in mind . . .

On the subject of not knowing your spouse . . .

Sally: I just love forsythia. It always reminds me of my grandmother.

Curtis: Was her name Forsythia?

Sally: Seriously?

Curtis: Well?

Sally: Yes. Her name was Forsythia, but it's pronounced "Sally." No, her name was Sally! Forsythia's a plant.

Curtis: Oh. Right.

Not 5 minutes later:

Curtis: I haven't been feeling well lately. I'm afraid I might have diabetes.

Sally: I can't imagine that you'd have diabetes, baby.

Curtis: Why?

Sally: You don't eat that much sugar.

Curtis: Have you MET me?

Sally: Oh. Duh. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment